We’re kicking off the season with 2 brand new seminars on April 8th at Creekside Community Center!
Schedule of Events
|5:30pm – 6pm||Sign-In|
|6pm – 7:45pm||Session One: Psychology of Training and Competition|
|7:45pm – 8pm||Stretch break|
|8pm – 8:45pm||Session Two: Season Programming for Paddlers|
|8:45pm – 9pm||Questions, Thank Yous, and Wrap Up|
Session One: PSYCHOLOGY OF TRAINING AND COMPETITION
- Why do so many teams train hard in practice, but fall apart on race day?
- What is it that separates the recreational athlete from the competitive athlete?
- What kind of warmups should I do (or suggest my athletes do) in a given race situation?
- Why do we get burnt out? How do I avoid it?
In this seminar we explore key theories on sport psychology, for both training and competition. Coaches will learn various methods of instruction that will cater to the many different types of paddlers you will train. Paddlers will learn how to be mindful of their own “sport personality” and set goals accordingly.
Session Two: SEASON PROGRAMMING FOR PADDLERS
- How do I create a simple and effective workout schedule that I can understand?
- How do I juggle all of these aspects of my life, and still train as hard as my teammates?
- As a coach, how do I make sure my athletes are progressing throughout the season?
– How do I stay motivated (or keep my athletes motivated) after a big competition?
- How do I plan for the off-season? How about the on-season?
- How do I taper leading up to competitions?
Please bring a pen and paper for questions, which will be asked at the end of both seminars, at 8:45-9pm. In order to remain on schedule, we ask that all questions be held until the end. Guests may not be able to enter the room once the seminar has started.
Super easy registration below! SALES END MARCH 30TH. Event date is April 8th.